Cold weather is uncommon in the Philippines so everyone is thankful when it’s cold a we get a break from our usual sweaty afternoons. But there is more reason to be thankful.
1. No need for airconditiong and/or electric fan. We save on electric bills.
2. We take less showers because it’s cold.
3. We eat less meals (snacks or otherwise) because we’d rather sleep because sleep is just that much sweeter when it’s cold.
4. We buy less ice and cold drinks because normal water would do. And we don’t really spend more on hot drinks since we always drink coffee during regular days anyway.
5. Since it’s cold, people tend to stay home instead of going to the mall “para magpalamig.”