Wedding Registry Philippines
WikiPedia defines a bridal registry as:
Simply put, a gift registry is a list of items that the newly weds want to receive. The list is registered in a retail chain (like SM malls, etc…). Couples can create their gift registry online or by visiting the store. The couple then informs their wedding guests where they are registered. Guest and gift-givers can then view the list and purchase exactly what the couple wants to receive as their wedding present. This prevents duplicate or unwanted gifts on the wedding day. It saves the guests the trouble of having to think of wedding presents. With wedding registries, guests can ensure that the couple will certainly love their presents.
Guests can either view the list and purchase online or they can drop by the store physically and ask about the couple’s registry. Some stores offer discounts when you buy off from the wedding registry which is a big plus for guests.
Some popular wedding registry locally are:
How to inform you guests of your wedding registry:
One way to inform your guests is to include a small paper insert in your invitation stating where you are registered. It is considered tasteless by some if you include your registry info on the invitation itself. You may also include your registry information on your wedding website.
Needless to say, tact must be practiced when couples create their registry. While having a registry can be convenient and advantageous to all parties concerned, the couple may seem selfish if they don’t pick out items for their registries carefully.
Gift Registry FAQ:
(from SM Gift Registry)
IS THE GIFT REGISTRY SERVICE FREE?
– Yes it is a FREE service. You just have to register on-line www.smgiftregistry.com or visit any SM Stores nationwide.
I CREATED MY REGISTRY OR WISH LIST IN-STORE. CAN I ACCESS IT ONLINE?
– Yes, if you’re the registrant you just have to log in using your username and password. If you’re a guest, please visit any SM Stores to see the actual wishlist.
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE FOR MY IN-STORE REGISTRY TO APPEAR ON WWW.SMGIFTREGISTRY.COM?
– It will be available for viewing after 24-hours.
WHAT IF MY EVENT DATE HAS CHANGED OR I WANT TO CHANGE MY SHIPPING ADDRESS OR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
– You can send the changes to [email protected] or call your home branch.
WHAT IF I WANT TO ADD MORE ITEMS TO MY REGISTRY?
– You may visit any SM stores and choose additional items that will be added to your wishlist.
CAN I RETURN SOME OF THE GIFTS?
– Yes, you can return the gift in exchange for another item. Please see our return policy for more information.
DOES ALL SM STORES OFFER GIFT REGISTRY SERVICE?
– Yes. Your guests can purchase gifts at all SM Stores nationwide except SM Quiapo. Please click our store locator to find stores nearest you.
IS THERE A GIFT CARD THAT WE CAN SHARE WITH OUR GUESTS TO INFORM THEM OF OUR REGISTRY?
– Yes, a minimum of 60 guests’ cards will be given to you for you to share to your guests. They will just present it to the Gift Registry counter and they will be afforded with a 10% discount on purchase of regular items.
DO I GET A DISCOUNT FOR ITEMS I WISH TO BUY BEFORE OR AFTER MY EVENT DATE?
– Yes, you will receive your registrant card, which bears a 10% discount on regular items and is valid for one (1) month before the event and 7 days after your event date.
CAN YOU DELIVER MY GIFTS TO MY HOME?
– Yes, your guests can have the gifts delivered for free to your location of choice within city limits.
DOES YOUR GIFT PACKAGING FREE?
– Yes, SM Gift Registry offers free gift-wrapping with no minimum purchased required.
DO I GET EXTRA POINTS FROM ALL MY GUESTS PURCHASES?
– Yes, you will get bonus SMAC points equivalent to points earned by guests’ purchases from your wishlist.
Here is an infographic about wedding registries from A-weddings.